Thursday, September 13, 2007

TCA Secures Lawry's The Prime Rib Work

In case some of you don't know, we recently won the Lawry's The Prime Rib advertising campaign project!!! It's not huge, but it's a great National brand, and from what I hear, it's an amazing concept. So we're proud to promote it.

We met with the marketing director there today for the first time. She's local to us in Maryland, even though the client is out of Beverly Hills. She's a really cool woman, from what I can tell right now, and she definitely knows a ton about restaurants.

We were supposed to meet at 2pm this afternoon, but I got a call at 1:45pm saying that she was on the side of rt. 50 with a blinking oil pressure light. Apparently, Jiffy Lube must have forgotten to put oil in her car or forgot to tighten something. She seemed cool, so I definitely opened the invitation for me to go pick her up, even though my car is scary dirty right now. She accepted and the ride was cool. She was pretty appreciative, and I felt good because we went above and beyond for her. I wish we had the chance to do that for all of our clients.

After we got back to the office, we called another one of the execs from the company and started talking about the restaurant. This place is apparently amazing! When they serve you your Prime Rib, they bring it out on a $40,000 Stainless Steel cart and carve it right in front of you. I haven't yet tasted it, but apparently it is nothing like the cruddy prime rib you get at your aunt's wedding. It was really interesting to learn about the concept, and I feel pretty good about being able to make the ad campaign truly represent the restaurant - capturing the heritage, but at the same time bringing it into the 21st century.

We're thinking about taking a flight out to Chicago, our closest restaurant just for dinner and to check it out. We shall see! If you want to learn more about them, go to www.lawrysonline.com.

Later!

-Garret
www.thecyphersagency.com

No comments: