Thursday, September 13, 2007

SEO Pays Off - Massive ROI

Hi all -

I just wanted to tell everyone about a pretty sweet scenario that just happened to us the other day. I received a call from a prospect looking for marketing and advertising support from an advertising agency in the
Washington DC
area. I was glad to hear from them, and even more delighted when I got to my normal question of, "so how did you find us?"

The prospect, Mission Residential, called us after finding us on www.Google.com. As it turns out, one of the things that they were looking for was some help with search engine marketing. So when they typed in Washington DC Ad Agency and we came up as the first agency in the list, they knew we must know our stuff.

Luckily for us, I had just the week before worked with one of our Web designers, Christina, to improve our search engine ranking for the DC market. We're looking for more business in that geographic area, so she performed her magic with our site and tweaked it so that we would show up strong there.

I was very glad to see that her hard work really paid off. I'm sure that as I keep writing this blog and we keep refining our SEM program, we'll get even better at it. I hope so, because more and more people are using the power of search engines to find EVERYTHING.

Just out of curiosity - when was the last time you actually used a phone book? Post your replies, I'll be interested to hear them.

Garret Ohm
The Cyphers Agency
garret@thecyphersagency.com


No comments: